Quick Questions to ask before starting a Business Blog
By Julia Mitchell
• Who are you targeting your blog towards, what is the market firstly and then secondly?
• What type of things do you want this market to know, what do you want to tell them?
• Are you aware of what this market is wanting? ie. A hungry market needs to be feed, what is the key information you can feed them.
• What are the goals of the blog? Do you want to make money from the blog itself or direct traffic to your business? Do you want to be an expert in your field or do you just want to generate a data base?
• What topics are you competition writing about? Where do they hang out?
• Will you take time to comment on these blogs so that they link back to your site? Will you comment to add to the already existing content and help to make a difference?
• Do you understand the importance of keywords? Are you willing to learn about this?
• Are you interested in knowing where your traffic is coming from?
• Can you commit to posting relevant content to your blog on a regular basis?
• How do you see blogging?
• Do you think blogging will be of benefit to your business?
I believe that blogging for your business is one of the most powerful tools that you can incorporate into your current marketing plan.
Big business, small business, direct selling business, work from home business, Corporate, it doesn’t matter all business can benefit from a blog.
Something worth noting though is that should you not intend on following through then it worth not starting! Don’t begin the communication with potential customers to stop 3 months down the track.
If you are interested in finding out more about adding a blog to your business then contact me and I will be happy to assist you.